Thursday, December 3, 2009

LSU vs Ole Miss

My last of three trips to the Ole Miss campus came on Friday, November 20th, to prepare for the LSU vs Ole Miss game on Saturday afternoon. For those of you unfamiliar with this rivalry it doesn't come any closer to an all-out war when these two schools meet on the gridiron!


I drove to the campus the night before the game to get a parking spot. This being the last home game for the year and against LSU, parking could easily become a problem on game day. So, I spent the night with one of our friend's son who is a residence director across the street from The Union and The Grove where all of the action takes place before game time.


A nice easy Saturday morning began with overcast skies, but moderate to cool temperatures. The featured event for me was the approval of the band director at Ole Miss approval for me to use his aluminum ladder in The Grove to snap the band before their short "concert" before moving to the stadium.


Using my fisheye lens made this task easier, but I did need to take three images to later photoshop into one image. That task completed it was now time to listen to the band and move to the stadium, pick up my sidelines pass at the Media Gate and collect my thoughts for the game.


While the weather wasn't as balmy and sunny as the prior week, it was a few degrees warmer than two weeks prior for the N. Arizona game.

I delivered the images to my cheerleader contact for her to have a print of the University of Tennessee image I took of them. And, now it was show time for the two football teams.


To say this was a classic game in the SEC was truly an understatement. CBS was thrilled with the entire game and the utter ear shattering noise in the last three minutes of the game.


I was positioned behind the north endzone for the LSU touchdown that pulled them to within two points from tying the game. A successful onside kickoff for LSU and they began their final drive to win the game.


Unfortunately, the LSU coaching staff allowed seventeen precious seconds elapse off the clock before calling their last timeout. That proved to be a disaster because it now was first and goal at the Ole Miss six yard line. But, with only one second left in the game, LSU couldn't get a play off nor bring on their field goal team for what would have been the winning score.








So, Ole Miss fans were higher than a kite during those last three minutes and with the final score.


I moved toward the Ole Miss tunnel where the cheerleaders had store their gear in a room before the game. Unfortunately, someone broke into that room during the game and stole the cheerleader's drivers license, credit cards, cash and cell phones. Such a terrible event after a wonderful game.


So, the images I had given my contact there were now in the hands of the robbers. Those images can and were replaced. But, the items stolen from the cheerleaders could do great damage to their credit and lives. Hopefully, since that time those involved in this incident will have been apprehended, brought to justice and items returned to their owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment